Movie: Dear Zindagi (Hindi)
Cast: Shah Rukh Khan, Alia Bhatt. Ladies you can expect a sudden treat to your eyes with the surprise visit by the other casts in the movie such as Kunal Kapoor, Ali Zafar, Angad Bedi, and Aditya Roy Kapoor.
Story: A bad childhood can affect your whole life and with all the relationships in your life, no matter even if you are well settled, and a famous person. Moreover, if your parents are not supportive, understanding, caring, and loving then life becomes hell.
Kaira (Alia Bhatt) is an upcoming cinematographer has a few emotional issues in her life. Kaira’s journey as to how she helps herself by taking a decision of consulting a professional therapist to overcome her emotional trauma and how Jehangir Khan (Shah Rukh Khan) helps Kaira to overcome her fears, helps her to forget her past, to forgive those who have hurt her including her parents and helped her to take her life towards positivity, making clear decisions, being more strong emotionally and mentally.
Dr. Jehangir Khan’s role as a therapist who is free spirited, friendly, uncustomary but professional in his own way is played beautiful by Shah Rukh Khan.
Loved the way Dr. Jehangir narrates stories to Kaira in a humorous way with hidden message which helps Kaira to resolve her issues in life.
Each and every person who watches this movie would definitely feel connected personally as a mother, as father, as friend, as sibling or as Kaira her/himself.
The first half movie had our attention so much that I felt how come so fast it’s the interval. I must say beautifully captured scenes.
A must watch movie for all age groups but especially parents please do take a close look.
Songs: At first I felt the song are very simple and plain. Yup, the songs aren’t glamourous like the usual Bollywood movies. But the next song I heard touched my soul.
The songs are very simple, meaningful, and beautiful in its own way, just like my favourite ice-cream flavour “Vanilla”. “Simple is Beautiful and Pure”, the songs would definitely make you tap you leg or snap your fingers and brings out your small sensuous moves.
- Dear parents, your kids are aggressive, rude, demanding, because they need your love, your time, and your attention. Please spend time with your kids and do listen to what they have to say.
- Dear parents please do not compare your kids with their siblings or other kids. This will only make them feel unloved, unaccepted, unwanted, lonely, and unworthy.
- Why is it very important to take help of a psychologist or a psychiatrist when a person under goes emotional trauma.
- If a person is taking counselling from a psychologist or a psychiatrist doesn’t mean that the person is mad.
- A psychologist or a psychiatrist has to be emotionally very strong in-front of their patient’s no matter what emotional trauma they are going through in their personal life. – Hats Off to Shah Rukh Khan on playing such a mature wonderful strong role.
Disappointments: Second half of the movie; I guess the last 15-30mins was a little drag.
NerdyGeek is a channel of YSeeker Broadcasting, a non-profit media organisation creating great content and promoting talented individuals through YSeeker Fellowship. Contribute and/or donate to support us.